Thursday, February 24, 2011

Waiting..waiting..

As the title says.. I'm just waiting.  I don't know when my kit will get here.  It could be today or maybe tomorrow.  I hope it's today though.  I would like to get started as soon as possible.  While I'm waiting I'll share with you something I was thinking about today.  I was in the car today and I thought about Blame.  It's so easy to blame someone else for the mistakes you make or the problems you have.  None of what I'm about to share is profound.  It's just hard sometimes to own up to your mistakes or issues.  I would love to blame my food issues on someone else.  It would be even better if I could blame my body.  The problem is it's nobody's fault.  It's partly mine, for not taking care of myself before now.  Learning more about the obesity disorder has really helped me to stop shouldering ALL of the blame.  When the hypothalamus isn't working correctly it's more common for a person to be obese.  Some of the reasons for that may be trauma, stress or genetics.  I can't explain as well as Dr. Simeons, but that's what this program I'm on is supposed to do.  It resets the hypothalmus so that the body will start using the abnormal fat in the body as fuel instead of just packing it away.  Of course I'm going to have to change my eating habits as well as my mental issues about food.  That's the part I'm most nervous about.  So, today is about taking charge and taking responsibility.  It's not about blame.  When I spend all my time thinking of who I can blame it takes away from the time I could spend doing something.  So, here's me doing something.  It happens to be waiting at the moment.  While I'm waiting though, I'll be reading, researching and planning my attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment