Monday, September 12, 2011

Cycle 3/ Phase 1/ Day 25

Today has been a day.  The sort of day that comfort food would be very comforting.  The sort of day where tears are permanently welled in my eyes.  I can't explain the weird sadness I feel at having received such a huge blessing.  Sometimes blessings aren't the happy occasions they should be.  I just know that today is not my favorite day.  I would love to curl up on the couch with some of my favorite junk food, put on the tv and hide under the covers.  The only problem is that.... well, I'm not hungry.  I don't actually want any of that.  I've never been one of those people that doesn't eat when I'm sad.  In fact, I was sitting outside and I realized (at 2pm) that I hadn't had lunch.  I wonder what has happened to change all of this.  This program has changed me in so many more ways than just my weight.  Could it be that I'm dealing with my emotions in a different way now?  I suspect that's it.  Instead of stuffing them down with food, I've let myself feel.  That's something I've never been comfortable with.  I've always hated feeling anything.  Today I feel.  Tomorrow will better.  It always is.  So, today I'll let myself feel and know that I didn't harm myself by stuffing both my emotions down and bad food.  How do you handle your extreme emotions?  I don't have an answer for that myself, I was just curious what others might have to say.






Today was a loss day.  -1.0  Better than it has been in a week.  I lost about a pound for all of last week.  Not my best week, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment