Monday, June 20, 2011

Cycle 2/Phase 2/ Day 18

I have really struggled this cycle, this phase.  Last cycle this time, I didn't have a problem with keeping my weight at or below median.  This time I have though.  Earlier I was upset, thinking that maybe the program didn't work after all.  That I was eating and shouldn't be gaining.  I kept thinking about it and realized, that I need to examine my motivation for eating and quantity as well as if I was stopping when I was full.  I was very conscious about that last time.  I ate more salads.  Honestly, I haven't even gone grocery shopping in a week.  So, when I think about those things it's no wonder I haven't done well.  So, I'm really trying to pay attention to what my body is saying about my hunger.  I'm trying to fight the urge to eat.  Trying to see if it's emotional or boredom or what.  So, that's my struggle.  I think it may be a little of stress eating.  It's so hard to get past that.  I have to find a new way to cope.  It's hard to get out of the familiar way of coping and find something new.  This will probably be a lifelong struggle for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment