Saturday, February 26, 2011

Start Date

If I can get my act together and to shopping today or tomorrow, I could actually start on Monday.  I wouldn't have to cook immediately because the first 2 days are load days anyway..  I think that would be best.  The nice thing is that in the packet is a meal planner and shopping list.  If you shop according to the meal plan, you only shop once a month.  That sounds great, but usually these plans make way too much food.  I was able to figure out 2 weeks, making the 2 serving meals.  Basically I'm going to have left overs instead of a new meal each night.  If hubby was here it wouldn't matter, because he'd eat the other half.  I sure hope r eats some.  I went through my freezer and tossed so much stuff yesterday.  I'm going to do the same with the refrigerator.  Fortunately we haven't bought processed pantry stuff in a long time, so I don't have to get rid of that.  I think I'm prepared now, to do what I need to do.  We'll see! 

I'm happy to know that I at least have people I can call and talk to.  I did the 6 weeks Body Makeover and while they have forums and people you can call, it's just not the same.  I called once and it was like a calling center.  I'm sure the lady knew what she was doing, but it wasn't personal.  She was trained, I suppose on the diet, but I didn't feel like I was that important.  She had to take calls from lots of people, so she wouldn't spend 30 minutes talking to me if I needed it, you know?  When I called to order the program, it was a similar experience.  I called in and it was a calling center.  When I called TeamDau Wellness, I actually talked to Tom (the owner of the company.)  Whenever I've called, that's who answers the phone.  I love that they have meetings I can attend even though I can't be there in person.  These are different from Weight Watchers meetings.  They aren't pushing a product.  I just feels different.  I can't explain.  I'm happy about this decision.  I hope that after reading this and when you see the difference it's making in my life, you'll decide to do the same.  Eeeek!  I'm excited!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for you and humbled at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful for you guys! I really am. This is the first time I feel like I CAN do it. I'm scared of course, but I feel supported. For that, I can't thank you enough. Thank you for sharing this information and your home as well!

    ReplyDelete